Tuesday, December 18, 2007

An Embarassing Admission

A few mornings ago there was a knocking on my door. Then another. Then another.

Moments later there was a buzzing, indicating that someone was downstairs, outside the apartment building needing to get inside.

Presumably all of these were from the same person, who was in desperate need to get in.

I didn't answer any of them.

Why? You may ask. I was still in my pajamas and unshowered.

At 10:30 in the morning.

I was too totally embarrassed to answer the door in that state. Likely it wasn't my friends as they would all be at work at that time, so it was probably a random Chinese person, mostly likely of all to be someone from maintenance or security. Still, I don't want random Chinese people laughing at my lazy person.

I know this is the second post where I have discussed how utterly lazy I have become. I really did use to be an early riser and a quick bather. Unemployment has made me a bum.

Sunday morning we received another knocking at our door, this time at just before 8 in the AM and both Amy and I were still in the bed. By the time I got up and dressed appropriately enough to be answering the door, the visitor was gone.

Yesterday the same thing occurred except the knocking was a little later, and Amy was up, washed and gone to work. Me? I was still in the bed and once again missed the call.

I did find out what it was about: Sunday while I was at my sisters, taking care of their dog as they were out of town, a knocking came. This time I was up and showered and dressed, well no I wasn't showered as I rushed to their apartment before the shower to try to make it before the dog made a mess on their floor (I was too late.) But I was dressed and awake. The knocker was security double checking out alarm system.

Each apartment has an emergency button that will summon security quickly, and they were resetting them.

This morning I awoke at 7:30 and jumped in the shower. I was awake, cleaned, and dressed before 8 o'clock so I could catch security this time.

And of course they haven't come.

No comments: